Friday, August 17, 2007

Digestive woes continue

Things aren't getting much better inside my digestive system, but on the bright side they're not getting worse either. I think my doctor might be onto something with the no dairy plan. Those MDs -- they know stuff. I discovered this the hard way.

I woke up around 2am on Monday night to find that my roommate had just stocked up on a brand new quart of 2%, and, predictably, I fell off the wagon. I drank about half of it before I went back to bed (sorry, Nadia). It was so delicious and refreshing, and it answered every craving I'd been having for the last two and a half weeks. The milk binge did result in extreme "problems" about 12 hours later, though. As a result, I'm back to avoiding all things dairy (aka all things good).

I think I've finally grown accustomed to soy milk in coffee, but there's just no replacement for cheese. As is evidenced by the fact I've lost 15 pounds since June.

No comments: