Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Okay. Biker Dad has been sitting in this space forever and you're sick of it. I get it.

I'm not sure why, but blogging has not held the usual zing for me over the last couple of months. And I suppose that is obvious at this point. Mostly, my excuses have been that I have no time and nothing to say, though it's clear that neither of these things are true. Or at least they are no more true than they have been at other points in life, during which I was a determined and dedicated blogger.

I suspect that I've just been side-swiped by a case of general malaise this fall. I would liken it to a small period of depression, but that sounds so extreme and unattractive. Nothing has really held the usual zing over the last couple of months and I've been cranky. Salty, as the Jo-tel would say. Shark-like. I was sad to see the end of summer and never really got over it. I'm sure some of this mood is related to all the seriousness and focus required by the new job. Maybe it's the weather? I am damn tired of working full-time and always having school stuff hanging over my head... lurking in the background. That's for certain. I'm sure my failure to join a gym after canceling my last membership in September contributes, as well. In fact, it's probably at least 50% of the problem.

I flew back to SF this morning, after a week in Portland, and the brighter light quality, proximity of my own bed, and the completion of the Christmas have me feeling very optimistic and ready to take action. I expect that I a little blogging will help me sort myself out in the New Year. Watch this space for actual posts. Coming soon!

1 comment:

ekayke said...

welcome back! you've been missed.