Monday, June 26, 2006

A new routine

It's almost July, and I'm finally starting to get into the swing of this summer vacation thing. I've replaced the routine of commuting from work to school with a leisurely stroll home after work each evening. The first stop is the organic farmers' market on the corner of Valencia and 24th, where I pick up something for dinner and a bag of cherries. The cherries get eaten on the way to stop two, which could be a bookstore, or the pedicure place, or the wine shop... wherever I wind up. Once home, I move on to talking on the phone, having a shot or two with Nadia, maybe blogging for a bit, going out for drinks, or even going to bed early. I've been able to read novels, watch stupid sitcom television (Sex in the City is on right now), rent movies, and clean out my dresser drawers. It still feels luxuriously fabulous to be doing anything that's not studying. The MBA may have been a mistake.

No comments: