Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Back in the U.S.

Albeit, Vegas. I've been here since Sunday, which is quite enough Vegas for anyone. Flew into SFO from Shanghai Saturday morning, flew out to Vegas Saturday night. Had just enough time at home to squeeze in some quick lovin', unpack, and repack.

There's no blogging in China. You can't access any of them, or the blogger.com site. The government firewall locks it all out. Word on the street is that some blogs that are hosted by Chinese blog sites work, but I couldn't call them up. Eventually, I'll have some photos up and some reflections on the trip to post. The short version is that is was awesome and I was sad when it ended.

Since arrival in Vegas, I have spent much of my time combating the worst stomach problems I have ever had. Sunday night I was curled into the fetal position on the bathroom floor -- as close as possible to the toilet -- when my sister started asking if she should take me to the hospital. The concierge offered to send up a medic. The whole group that went to China suffered from the usual collection of traveler's digestive problems (some fairly severe), but I have no idea why mine should take such an extreme turn upon reentry.

I'm feeling almost human now, and honestly can't wait to be back in my hood and sleep in my own bed.

2 comments:

The BCB said...

Sorry to hear about your belly troubles, girl. I can relate. But I didn't have any trouble using Blogger in China via the DSL line in my friend's apartment (hooked into my laptop). Maybe they just don't like your PG rating? My blog gets a special G rating, as in my grandma reads it. Can't ruffle the fan base.

Magdalena said...

A work-around is also setting up your mobile blogger e-mail address. You write a post in an email (the subject line is your title) and send it off. It posts to your blog like a regular entry. Probably not useful to you now, but, eh. It's there.