Monday, February 19, 2007

Trim it

I have noticed an overabundance of nose hair on those around me lately. I mean the kind that is attempting to escape from it's relegated territory, creeping out of the nostril, sometimes curling out and up and around in a way that makes it seem impossible for the owner of the nose hair (OONH) not to notice. These are some seriously long hairs. Shouldn't the OONH be irritated by a tickle as the nose hair is blowing in the breeze?

Men, women... young, old. The aggressive nose hair does not discriminate. Previously, I believed nose hair to be something that only grandfathers and older uncles had to combat, but in 2007 it's everywhere.

There are three major problems with this:

A) It's gross and hard not to stare at when someone is talking to you.

B) There's no polite way to point out the problem and help someone with their nose hair issue, regardless of how well you might know them.

C) I have been noticing this phenomenon in relatively well-groomed people -- people who probably dedicate more time to their appearance than I do. If they have not observed their own fly-away nose hairs, is it possible that I too am unaware of the same problem in my own nose?

I urge you, head to the bathroom mirror (maybe with some tweezers or a small pair of scissors) and check things out. We all owe it to each other to be more diligent about keeping our nose hair under control. Peace out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

tweezers? ouch.

Anonymous said...

I just went to look in a mirror

Anonymous said...

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-4/qid=1171928386/ref=sr_1_4/601-2778455-7883363?ie=UTF8&asin=B000A7QECG

a MUCH better option than tweezers or wielding scissors at your own face...

Turd Ferguson said...

Linda. Cut that shit.

Anonymous said...

Damnit, now I have Uncle Joey's "cut it out" running in my head.

Turd Ferguson said...

Have mercy!