Sunday, February 11, 2007

The party of the century(s)

Tomorrow night is my company's much anticipated 200th anniversary party. Just like the formal dances back in high school, the office has been buzzing about this event for months. Mainly the coversation has been centered on who is bringing a date and what everyone is planning to wear. Some conversation has also been dedicated to the debate on why the hell anyone would plan something like this on a Monday night. The shindig is at the Palace Hotel downtown, and will be a relatively formal event. I'll be busting out the old black cocktail dress and my date will be suited up.

My primary goal for the evening is to not drink too much champagne. The 8am presentation I'm scheduled to give the next morning should provide sufficient motivation to stick to that goal. The primary goal enables the secondary goal: no dancing in front of my coworkers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you're such a good dancer!!

Anonymous said...

well, how was the party?