Sunday, August 20, 2006

Working girl

Sorry about the lack of posts lately. I started my new job last week. The excitement and anxiety of being the new girl in the office has been sucking up a lot of my energy and downtime, not to mention the stack of books and book proposals I'm slowly working my way through.

Sadly, my new employer has an official policy regarding blogging about work (basically, that I shouldn't do it), so I can't write too much about my new gig. I will say that it's the most traditional, corporate, real job I have ever had. For instance, I'm not supposed to wear jeans or t-shirts and I already have a business trip to NYC scheduled. Next thing you know, I'll have one of those little black roller bags and a BlackBerry. All new territory for RB. Maybe they make roller bags in pink?

I will also say that I really like my job so far. It's challenging, dynamic, and super exciting. From everything I've seen, the company seems like an excellent organization to be a part of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just so long as they let you take time off for SHASTA then its still a good job