Monday, November 07, 2005

Our postal worker is taking liberties

I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure that our postal delivery person is "borrowing" certain editions of our Us Weekly subscription and reading them before delivery. I'm building my case with the following evidence:

1) As the title would imply, we get a new issue every week, but they never come on the same day. We've received the magazine as early as Thursday of the previous week, and as late as Thursday of the issue week. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

2) Our copies always fall apart really easily, as if they're worn from someone flipping through them several times.

3) The weeks when the magazine shows up late are always the weeks with a juicy cover story. For instance, the initial report of the Simpson/Lachey split was late, but the following two issues covering the tedious details of whether or not she really hates Europe and his ESPN job were early.

To further my point, this week's issue:

cover

is completely MIA.

Come on... Brit walking out on K-Fed?! Jessica's not wearing her ring, again? Coats at any price??!! It's riveting subject matter. I want to read it so much that I'm extremely annoyed it hasn't made it's way through our mail slot, yet. If you were the postal worker making your rounds and found this issue in your mailbag, wouldn't you consider holding onto it for a day or two? I know I would.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People react in strange ways to US Weekly. Patsy almost clawed my eyes out when I threatened to withold an issue from her.

Anonymous said...

maybe it's a neighbor who is temporarily *stealing* your mags. i once had a subscription to newsweek and it regularly arrived on the same day of the week, with a few exceptions of a day or two. in defense of your postal worker, isn't it likely he sees lots of US Weeklies and couldn't he steal a different one each juicy week, so as not to arouse suspicions? maybe you should recommend it to him on saturday's mail delivery.